Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wacky Wednesday!



It was a great weekend but I had to return to normal life sometime.

1 Friday night my mom in law, Anna, and I attended an ice cream social for girl scouts. I have never been a girl scout. Anna decided that she wanted to do. Well Melissa and I decided that we were going to start our own troop and become leaders!! I am so thankful that she has had years of experience with the girl scouts. I am so excited to be getting the opportunity to make a huge impact on my daughters life like this.

2. Scarlet has cut her first tooth!! Thank God that is finally over. I did learn a little secret about the world's best tether (easy and cheap). You take the big bone from the drumstick (chicken leg), of course you have to make sure it is completely cleaned (no gristle etc..). We gave Scarlet one from the BBQ we were having Saturday night and I swear that was the quietest dinner that we had in two weeks time. A miracle!

3. We have decided to remodel our kitchen (not a total remodel). I will have before and after pictures later. I am honestly looking forward to the new colors and lighting.

4. Scarlet was in her first fashion show on Saturday at Babies R Us. No pictures but she was so cute.

5. While I was on my shopping trip Saturday I decided to talk with a lactation consultant about my on going supply problem. I ended up spending money on this horrible tasting herbal supplement that I am taking twice daily. I also have to dink two glasses of Ovaltine and eat 1 pack of oatmeal daily. I feel better about my decision to continue to breast feed (pumping) since returning to work. I am actually considering making my own baby food too.

2 comments:

Candi said...

One of my friends makes her own baby food for her one year old son...has been since he started solids. It looks so much better than the stuff they sell in stores, and she knows exactly what is going in it. I plan on doing it one day with my own kids.

Lauren said...

Yep, we will me mostly home made baby fooders too. I will probably still keep some baby food in the pantry for when we are in a pinch or if we will be gone all day and I don't want to worry about trying to keep up with a container from home. It sounds, and looks, much more appealing to me.