Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baby B well A & B

Michael and I had our first official OB apt. yesterday! We were all excited to hear the heart beat and all that good stuff.....well.....we got all ready for the ultra sound and the tech said "guess what..y'all are having twins"! Yes we are.....twins! Michael is extremely excited and I am still in shock wondering what this pregnancy is going to be like! I was told that even though my official due date is 4/22 I will be having a c-section the end of March beginning of April. Since I had a c-section with Anna my Dr. will not let me deliver naturally for mine & the babies' sake. I will have to a ultra sound every time I visit & my visits will be get closer together a lot sooner than normal. I was told that since they are fraternal they have separate yolk sacks, placentas etc... that my risk of a miscarriage is less than 1% at this point. The babies are exactly the length and at the development stage they are supposed to be at! Both my mom and my mother in law thought we were lying to them and actually needed to be told more than once and shown pictures. It has started to sink in for me since I am the one with my head in the toilet in the evenings and I can already tell that my pants are getting tighter. I knew there was a reason why I was so sick but still able to gain 6 pounds in 8 weeks! Lord I just ask that y'all pray for my sanity!

3 comments:

Candi said...

Wow! Double congrats! I hope the morning sickness lightens up soon.

Lauren said...

YAY!!!!!! I am so excited and hoping that you get at least 1 boy!

Colleen said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm thinking of all of the fun gender combos. 2 girls so you have FOUR girls!! Or a boy and a girl so he's totally outnumbered, or two boys so you're even. :) Any way you cut it it's super fun!!! Congrats again!