Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

I am so happy for Candi and Wes, their beautiful little girl was born yesterday. She is beautiful!

Well I went to the Dr on Monday for my regular check up. I have lost a total of 4 lbs so far, but was told with severe morning sickness that was common in the 1st trimester. The bleeding has stopped now but I am still on "restriction" as Michael calls it. I have decided that I am going to try to gain about about 1 lb a week. Since I am overweight to begin with I don't have to gain as much but with twins it is still recommended. We have come to accept that the babies will probably be preemies, so in that regard my goal is to get their weight to about 5lbs each and make it to about 36 weeks. Michael & I were told that the goal that I had set was a big goal but we should try to reach it anyway. They are going to start measuring the babies at 32 weeks. Pray that they won't have to take them to early, they need their time in the oven.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Katy, I'm thinking about you! I have a good friend who carried twins to 37 weeks and 1 day... I hope you can keep them in there as long as you want!! Either way, they're going to be just fine...

Candi said...

Good luck with your goal...I'm looking forward to following your journey :)
Thanks for the sweet thoughts :)